Lately I have been forgetting a lot of useful stuff. Important stuff even. I am not even pregnant so I can’t use that as an excuse. I am a victim of too much summer maybe?
Here is a careful list of things I have forgotten:
- I forgot paper towels when we went camping. Not devastating, just really annoying. To make myself feel better I should add that I did have spare clothes and plenty of food and pillows.
- I forgot to take the trash out on Friday. Dang.
- I forgot to go to a movie with friends last night. Double dang.
- I forgot to get presents for two birthday parties this week. I even forgot that one of them was happening. Oops.
- I lost my swim bag that has my swim fins, my swim paddles and goggles in it. I am super bummed about that.
- I bought school supplies for Isaac and forgot where I put them. I have since found them, but wow I was mad I had lost something again!
- I forgot what my 3 year old son’s name is. I thought it was Reece, but he informs me it is Joey.
- I had a doctor’s appointment this week and realized the DAY OF that I had forgotten to get a sitter for my kids so I didn’t have to take them with me to the doctor’s office. Afterwards, I found out I had forgotten that I HAD asked someone to watch my boys a few weeks ago and she was not the same person who did end up watching my kids. She came knocking on my door to see why I had forgotten to bring my kids over only to find no one home. Her boys were disappointed not to play with my kids. She saw my kids at the park later with another friend and realized that I must have forgotten… I felt so dumb when I realized what had happened. Boo on bad memory!
- Our county has switched to ballots by mail only now and I forgot to vote on August 18th in the Primary elections for mayor and city council positions. Who sets an election to happen in August when most people head out of town? We live in a silly city as is evidenced by our current mayor, who we wanted to purposely NOT VOTE FOR because he does dumb things with our tax money and is all proud of it.
- We tore our house and car apart looking for a Book on CD case from the library that we needed to return only to find that I had returned it minus the 6 CDs that Bryan was still listening to in his car… Yep, that made me feel relieved and dumb when a note from the library came in the mail asking me to pay $50 to replace the missing CDs. At least I know I don’t have to look for the case anymore.
So there must be a bright side to all this forgetfulness I am sure. I am humbled to find out that I am for sure not Superwoman this week. Next week will hopefully be better. I don’t think I will claim Superwoman status, but maybe I won’t forget so much. I better not forget the garbage again at least!
Karen August 23, 2009 at 7:30 p.m.
Dang girl...that's bad! Here's to a better week! Don't forget you are throwing a birthday party this Wednesday! ;-)
Ily August 23, 2009 at 11:15 p.m.
Yes, well, I kind of do keep forgetting that. I have not gotten a thing done for it yet other than giving out invitations. Thanks for the reminder. You better remind me tomorrow too. And the next day also. And then maybe Wednesday also.
Leann August 25, 2009 at 12:31 p.m.
Oh man, I have had the WORST mommy brain. My friend keeps asking me obvious questions all the time, and it is absolutely killing me! I fear I'm losing my logical side!